Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

BUSY WEEK

We had a busy week here and I am now just getting a few pics on for your viewing pleasure.
I must say first off that I have had to reschedule my scrapping until Sunday night. So look for my pages on Monday morning or maybe even Sunday night depending on how quick my friend and I are!!
So now for our busy week:
In our first big news, I finally gave in to become the next victim of the notorious clippers!! Not really, but I did get quite the chop. You should have seen the hair on the floor at the hairdressers! I wish I had had my camera; alas, I did not so here is my new "do" which I am not really liking yet but am warming up to it daily. My little girl, who remains quite distraught that she is left out every time we get out the clippers, joined me for the photo.
In other news, we took Alexander and Benjamin to the Scottish Opera Orchestra on Sunday afternoon. Benjamin is quite into classical music and says often he wants to learn to play the violin (his teacher plays when they have music time). Alexander also enjoys classical music but is a little more into Bare Naked Ladies....fortunately, they don't ask the name of the bands who play, they just like the music!!
So the Scottish Opera Orchestra has a line of children's events and we were able to partake this past Sunday in their "Puppets A-Go" event. They had the orchestra playing different pieces and then they had a couple of puppeteers who joined in for a few of the pieces. The boys loved it! When asked which was their favorite instrument, they both said the tuba! I think it is because they know I used to play. We have found a couple of great websites which show and play the sound of each instrument so they can see and hear them all. If you would like them, just drop us a note and I can find them for you. We also made some sock puppets to take with us as was advertised when we bought our tickets. So below are the two young musicians with their puppets and the program from the afternoon.
A special thanks to our friends who looked after Hannah and Jacob so Shawn and I could both go!
And finally, here is another picture of our sleeping girl. It comes with quite the story!
The boys had a friend over a couple of days ago and they were playing in their room (that is A, B, J, and their friend T....4 boys...4 loud boys!!). I was actually doing some email in my room, and Hannah was reading a book in the entry way. For those of you who don't know the layout of our flat, there is a fairly large entry way and then 4 rooms off of it at the 4 corners (plus the bathroom in the middle). So Hannah was in this entryway and I noticed after a few minutes that I couldn't hear her "reading" anymore. I assumed she had gone in to play with the boys; however, when I went to investigate, I found her fast asleep in the middle of the entryway floor!!! Wouldn't you love to be able to fall asleep anywhere, with any noise? I can't believe she can sleep like that....those boys were pretty loud!!
Anyhow, I, of course, had to take a picture...so here it is:

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update Bev...For the info for everyone reading this..Hannah takes after her Mom who required lots of sleep and could also fall asleep anywhere and anytime.... So there you go Beverly.. Missed seeing Jacob this time but I know he is as handsome as ever... The boys have quite the puppets there and I bet they had fun making them ..so glad they were able to take in the concert..They are getting a well rounded education...Miss you and love you all...Grammie Weir

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute photos!! It was great "chatting" with you on MSN.

Janique

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I am so jealous of your child. I wish I could sleep anytime anywhere.

Your hair looks cute! It will be so nice and easy to take care of as well!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

Hello everyone! LOVE the new "do" Bev...it looks GREAT! I think Hannah should be able to enjoy a new look too...she IS the only one left!!! hmmmm! Sounds like you've all been keeping very busy and having lots of fun. Keep up the blogging, helps us forget you're so far away. Miss you all lots and love you much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home