Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Beware....the pox!!

I thought I would let you see the state of our son over the last few days. He is actually perking up a little today, which is SOOO good! I even have hopes that he may sleep tonight. It has been a rough few days of chicken pox for Alexander (and for me). Benjamin seemed to have breezed right through this virus with little more than a mild fever for about 24 hrs. However, Alexander has not been so lucky. He has been quite miserable since Saturday. He has MANY more spots than did Benjamin and is really struggling with itchiness and pain even though he is maxing out on both medications. Anyhow, we are sure that he is on the mend...he HAS to be on the mend; we both need a little sleep! Shawn has been sleeping in the children's room and Alexander has been sleeping with me as he has not slept much the last 3 nights. He wakes up crying and scratching, I dose him with drugs, coat him with calamine lotion and try to get us both back to sleep every few hours......NOT fun!!
So here are some pics of our poor boys and their pox:
The first victim, Benjamin...not too many spots


Victim #2, Alexander looking pretty chipper this afternoon. He is yelling "the pox, the pox"

And because I wanted a close up of Alexander's face and because Benjamin wanted a picture as well, here are the two victims together. One happy to be done with the virus, one not so happy....I am guessing you can tell who is who!!

2 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Oh my goodness! Those are funny photos. I feel bad for you and Alexander, no sleep and pain is not fun:(... and you have to wake up in the morning and take care of four! I will pray you have a good night and Alexander will be on the road to a quick recovery.

Take care!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second picture is priceless!

Janique

 

Post a Comment

<< Home