Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Not a good start

I am not starting off on a good foot for the year of 2007. Well, for scrapbooking that is. Instead of doing scrapbooking as I should have last night (the first Thursday of the new year), I went out on a date. So I guess it is okay that I put my marriage above my scrapbooking... :)
We have made friends with a great family here in Scotland who are from USA and who share our last name. They have three children who are older (7-12) than our children but who all love to come and play with our children. So they offered to babysit for us so Shawn and I could go out. We took them up on it and we went to dinner and a movie. Or at least that was the plan...by the time we got the bus to the theatre, we only had about 1/2 hour before the show and the shopping complex which houses the movie theatre did not have any fast food type restaurants. Only real, sit down type ones and one pub. So we thought we had better not chance not making the film and instead bought not only popcorn and soda for the movie, but nachos and a hot dog as well. What a great meal huh? We didn't complain one bit since we were out to a movie (our first in Scotland) and our children were with people they know well and were well taken care of. We saw A Night At the Museum (or something to that effect, I don't know the exact title) with Ben Stiller. We both really enjoyed the movie and found it very entertaining.
I was going to share a cute story about Benjamin here but it is about the movie and would ruin it for anyone who wants to see the film. So if you are just too curious and "need to know" the story and don't plan to see the movie anyhow, why not call or email us and we'll tell you!! There really is a story here, this isn't just a ploy to get people to talk to us because we are lonely....
Happy New Year Everyone!

2 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev.. thanks for looking at my blog and of course you can add it as a link! I am not sure how to add pictures as nicely as you do. Did you notice how the printing was all bunched up on the side? Any feedback would be much appreciated! There are 2 major Creative Memories scrapbooking events being held in Arizona in the next 2 months.. too bad you were not closer! Janique

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got out on a date! After 6 months in a new country, I think you deserve it;). That movie looks very entertaining but seeing as Matt and I likely won't be going out on a date, ourselves, for quite some time, I think you should email me your story.

We miss you! Glad you got our Christmas card. Sorry it was so late, but we were a little slow getting things done along with the move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home