Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Cookie Exchange

I thought I would share my favorite Christmas recipe with everyone who cares to read. It is a really easy recipe for Christmas chocolates; however, they have also been made as Valentine's day chocolates, Easter chocolates, "I really want some sweets" chocolates, etc.
The only ingredients are 1 cup of chocolate chipits, 1 cup of butterscotch chipits, 1 cup of peanut butter chipits, and 1 cup of crushed potato chips.
You just slowly melt all the chipits together in the microwave, stirring frequently. Then add finely crushed potato chips and stir! Drop them into the little mini-muffin cups and refrigerate to harden. They are very yummy!! If you are in Scotland, you can't make them unless you have someone from North America bring over the butterscotch and peanut butter chipits since I haven't been able to find them here. Chocolate chipits are hard enough to find and quite expensive to buy just a little bag.
Anyhow, hope you get to try them out and let me know what your favorite Christmas recipe is!
I am doing a cookie exchange tonight with some friends here and these are what I have made for the exchange. Mom and Grammy brought over the chipits from Canada when they were here in November. Don't they look yummy???
On another note, I am waiting for all those scrapbook pages from last week everyone!! Hee Hee. Shawn reminded me that it was quite some time before I posted my first page when we started this whole thing. This is a very busy time of year for everyone; just make sure you are taking lots of pictures to use after New Year! And by the way, Deidra and Janique, you guys can join the challenge and just email the pages to us if you want OR you could start a blog! It is very easy to do.

3 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to try your recipe! How much chip do I add! I gather I can slowly heat this over the stove?
:) Janique

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I did not read the recipe correctly.. I see it is 1 cup of each!

Janique

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home