Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Boxing Day Fun

We had a lovely day yesterday visiting with friends from all over the world. When I tried to count everyone from memory, I counted 33 people who came through our door for our "open house". We had some good sweeties which the children helped me bake over the last few days, some hot tea, cold drinks, but most of all, some great visiting with many of our new friends. The adults were able to visit in the kitchen while the children played in the toy room and helped us decorate our mural which our children helped create over the last couple of days. You can see below the finished product at the end of the evening yesterday which shows all the sheep the children who visited created as well as the shepherds and angels they colored. So to the far right is the nativity scene and the many sheep and shepherds are "keeping watch" when the angels come and give them the Good News. Everyone enjoyed the craft and now we are enjoying their handiwork!


The finished Masterpiece!
A close up of some of the sheep:
We are so blessed to have made so many good friends in such a short time here. We had friends visit who originally come from Canada, USA, Poland, Russia, Botswana, Pakistan, and Scotland. We are all in the same boat and it was nice to be able to share this special holiday time with them.
Hope your holidays have been just as nice!

4 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev, it has been soooo nice catching up on all of your happenings! I have missed so much!!! Sounds like your Christmas was wonderful, we'll be posting our Christmas soon. I can't believe how grown up Hannah is looking. I am so glad that you've found so many new friends. What a blessing! I'm praying we'll be able to say the same soon. Take care, and Merry Christmas! We miss you all.

Oh yes, I was asking Elijah today what we should name the new baby. I asked him about Benjamin-if it's a boy- and he said, how about Alexander! Then he went on to name everyone in your home including you and Shawn. It was so cute:). We still think/talk of you often!

 
At 3:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Boxing Day! It's wonderful to read how God has blessed you in Scotland. Take care and Happy New Year!

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a great Scottish Christmas! My husband and I had a quiet getaway to San Diego. We did the touristy things like Sea World and the zoo. Today things are feeling a little more like NB as we have snow in Southern Arizona!! I think we have more snow than they do! It is really strange... the tourists have been really caught off guard as you can imagine!! Have a great New Year! Janique

 
At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bev....
I think I "blogged".. not sure if I did it right?? anyway my address is janiques@blogspot.com
I will post a scrapbook page
Give my best to Shawn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home