Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Arrival and The Accident Report

We are pleased to announce the arrival of our latest piece of furnishing....
A new set of bunk beds for Hannah and Jacob!
We had Hannah and Jacob sharing a single bed, sleeping end to end, since we moved here but they were starting to kick each other in their sleep so we made a request to our accomodation manager for another set of bunkbeds since you never know....and they brought them today and set them all up for us! I had just emailed on Sunday night, not bad service eh?
So now we have the two sets of bunkbeds together so the children are still all in the same room and we have a single bed in the toy room for all those guests we are still waiting for! Hee! Hee!
We are very pleased and Hannah and Jacob had no trouble falling asleep tonight in their new beds....now we are just waiting to see if they STAY asleep in them.
So here are Hannah and Jacob showing off the new bunkbeds (metallic ones are new, the wooden ones were here already):

And here is a picture I just had to capture from a couple of nights ago. Hannah is still not really keen on watching the videos which we play before bedtime each night. So on this night, she was sitting reading with her dad instead of watching the video with her brothers...it was just too cute not to capture on camera:


And now for the accident report:
We had gone for a little trip to a nearby park yesterday with Hannah and Jacob in the stroller and Alexander and Benjamin on their scooters. The park is quite hilly (is that actually a word??) and so the boys had fun riding down the hills on their scooters. We were at the exit to the park and there is a slight incline there. The boys asked if they could have one more run down the hill and so I turned the stroller around and we watched them come down the hill again. Now the boys have always been very cautious and use the little brake on the back of the scooter when going downhill....until yesterday; they decided at the top of the little incline (I am using the word incline so the grandmothers don't get too freaked out!) I hear the dreaded words "On your mark, get set, go!". I think to myself, "Oh, no, they are going to try to race down the hill" I mean incline! So I start waving my arms and yelling NO but of course they have already taken off and can't hear me because the pathway is roughly paved and the scooters make quite a noise on it. So as I stand watching in horror, they collide and both go down. As I start running (and praying) they both jump up and start screaming. Which to me is a very good thing...no broken limbs, no concussion, etc.
So Benjamin ended up with the worst of it as you will see below. He got quite the "road rash" on his face and on his back and thigh. Alexander got a bit on his elbow and leg. After I finally got them both calmed down, Benjamin's first words were "Why did we have to race?"
WooHoo!! They DO listen to what I say and I didn't even have to say "I told you so"!
Anyhow, they are both no worse for their little adventure, thanks to their helmets, which I still see so many children riding scooters and bicycles without.
So here is what happened to Benjamin's helmet (which I did not point out to him as he would have started screaming all over again)....as I said, I thank God I make them wear the helmets! Imagine what his head would have looked like without this on...scarey huh??


And here is Benjamin's face with his injuries:
I think maybe he was trying to look more hurt than he really was for the photo. This was just before bed last night:
Final message....Make your children wear helmets!!

3 Comments:

At 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That helmet is scary looking! Your kids certainly are adventurous...I'm sure there being two of each age, they egg each other on, too.

I am so glad everyone survived without too serious of injuries. God is good!

That pic of Shawn and Hannah is priceless:). So cute!

Lastly, who (Hannah or Jacob) sleeps on the top bunk? I can't imagine Joseph ever being responsible enough for that!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

Christine,
Alexander and Benjamin sleep on the top and Hannah and Jacob sleep on the bottom. H and J are not allowed to climb up the ladder by themselves!

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

You are such an excellent mother. Thanks for taking such good care of my share of the children. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home