Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

God knows my little boy...

Just a quick story before we go off to playgroup this morning. As some of you may know, Benjamin sometimes has a hard time with change. He is still getting used to the new bunkbeds and sometimes says he likes his old room better...anyhow, yesterday on the way home from school he says that he likes Canada better than Scotland. I asked him why and he says because there is snow in Canada and it doesn't snow here. I told him that maybe we would have snow here sometime to which he replies, "but it is winter now!".
But God knows every desire of our hearts and this morning He chose to supply Benjamin with this one "desire of his heart". I was able to go into their room this morning and say, "Wake up! It's snowing!" He jumped right up and got down from his bed and went to the window with a big smile. It was wonderful!
The snow is mixed with rain but it is snow none the less. I am sure there won't be any on the ground, but we are thankful for the little bit we have. I bet some of you are having a hard time believing our delight in "the white stuff" as you sit bundled inside with tons of it whirling around! Hope you all have a good day....don't be afraid to voice your desires to God; He may choose to give you yours tomorrow!

6 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

You can safely tell Benjamin that snow is not in abundance in Ontario this year...there is some on the ground, but only since this week!
That story, however, almost made me cry. God loves Benjamin! :)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

Well, some would want to say they "can't believe it", but I can! I guess that's God's way of letting Benjamin know that life in Scotland "aint so bad" (hee!hee!). We have had 2 days of rain so all of our snow - what little we had - is now gone. Charlie is doing well, getting better (and bigger) everyday! Give the kids all a hug from their cousin and tell them we love them all!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

oh...we love you and Shawn too!!!!

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I am so happy for Benjamin. God is so good!

Elijah is a little the same when it comes to change and I know something similar would mean so much to him!

 
At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that God is reassuring your little ones in these ways that are so important to them. If they want more snow, send them to Ottawa! They got lots when I was there this week!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi My Scotland Family.......
What a great story Bev, and I can just hear Benjamin saying that and see the joy in his eyes when he saw the snow flakes...God does know the desires of his children and I am glad Benjamin's came true.......Miss and Love you all...Grammie Weir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home