Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

We're Back Online!!

We have had an exciting day here in Scotland. Our local library reopened after some renovations so the children and I all got to go back to story time which we all love. And (the real cause of excitement and a little pride on my part!) was that Shawn had an awards ceremony today to receive the School of Divinity award. He even bought a new pair of shoes for the occasion! Inside joke! Well, I will fill you all in on the inside joke: we had to loose a few pounds in Toronto on our way here (from the luggage that is) so one of the things taken out to await Cindy's visit in the summer was Shawn's dress shoes. So he has been wearing his nice black Nike sneakers everywhere, even to church with his dress pants! He thought he could make do until his shoes arrive with Cindy's visit. Well, for the formal occassion where he got to shake hands with the president of the University, he thought he had best buy a pair of dress shoes. So he did (an early Christmas present from Mom White)! And below is a photo of him when he got back with the certificate.
However, the children always go first right! So here is a photo I took yesterday of our young twins:

They can't just say "cheese" when the camera is focused on them.
They have to scream it in a prolonged way, thus the look captured below!

So this is the reason I had the camera out yesterday. I am sure all women can remember doing this as a young girl. If you can't tell what she is doing, Hannah is pulling her top down over her knees as she sits with her knees bent. Does that make sense? I am sure you all know what I am talking about anyhow. I can remember doing it as a young girl as well. It was just kinda funny, so of course I took a picture.
So here is my great husband after he received his award.
By the way,this is about the fifth picture I took as he doesn't seem to know how to smile "naturally". He only does a small smirk on one end of the spectrum and a huge goofy smile on the other end of the spectrum; no happy medium....so I think this is the best we could do. I think he still looks good all gussied up anyhow!

3 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

yes, we agree...Shawn cleans up pretty good! Congrats to you Shawn! all is well here on the west coast, can't believe you guys aren't going to participate in the annual Christmas stocking draw??? geee, can't imagine why you don't see it reasonable to send toothpaste and duct tape across the Atlantic ocean!!! hee!hee! love you all, keep the photos coming!

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shawn! That sounds like quite the event.

I am so glad you had such a great time with the grammies visiting. Times to treasure!

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Shawnathan! That's great! I remember doing the shirt thing, too-I know what you're talking about!:)
dee><>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home