Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Sleeping Beauty and Mommy's Helpers

So I am pretty sure I have another picture of Hannah sleeping on this blog way back at the beginning. She does seem to have her mother's knack of being able to sleep anytime, anywhere (or at least I could before I intuitively started listening for children's cries all the time).
This was last night during bedtime snack and video time. You can see her snack cup and bowl on the table in front of her and she just climbed off her chair, put her head down and out she went! It was too cute; so of course instead of just taking her to bed, I had to first take a picture.


And now for mommy's helpers. I only caught a photo of two of them but all 4 were helping me at one point cutting up bread crusts for meatloaf and stuffing. They love to help cook/bake in the kitchen and are getting to be quite the little helpers.
And one more little story I just have to share with everyone about our dear Benjamin. As some of you may know, he has a VERY good memory. He still goes on about Grampy's goulash every now and then (inside story). Anyhow, when we were talking about the upcoming visit of Grammy Weir and Grammy JoJo, I asked them what we should show our guests. Alexander quickly suggested the zoo and Benjamin comes in with, "We would have to take the 31 bus there." Yes folks, he has practically memorized the bus system of the Edinburgh bus company. He also told Shawn today we were taking the 33 to the grocery store and as the 2 went by he said "that goes to ASDA". And of course he was correct on all accounts! I hope his memory stays this intact for school.

8 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Wow, future scholar there!! Benjamin the brilliant:)! Elijah misses his friends, Alexander and Benjamin.

That is such a sweet (uncomfortable looking position) picture of Hannah! They always look so beautiful when sleeping.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger The Kohlers said...

Haha! That's incredible! AND they know the greek alphabet...that's awesome:) You must be looking forward to the upcoming visit, eh?:)
love dee

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Hey Whites. We're going to Montreal! Please tell Shawn I will email him when I am on my own computer and have his convoluted email address.

Matt

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shawn,Bev And children--We have been enjoying your blogsite. keep it up. Say hi to the grannies for me.
Mary Anne
P.S. Alyson tells us we will be granparents again in MAy!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wow that is amazing the your little one knows the bus system already... I am still grappling with the TO transit system (after 6 months of taking it everyday!)... I think I know about 2 buses and some of the subway.

The pics are sweet of Hannah sleeping. Amazing she can fall asleep like that!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

Too funny! Hannah is a cutie. I'm not really sure what to say about Benjamin's comments...WOW - I guess - WOW!!! Anyhooo...enjoy the visit with Grammies. Love you and miss you all!

oh...go check out Charlie's latest pics and let me know what you think!

 
At 5:01 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Sleeping Hannah, sweet and dear
Resting on her plastic chair
All her brothers leaver her be
Mommy says "she's just like me!"
Daddy wonders why the fuss
He sleeps daily on the bus
Benjamin is keeping track
He knows when the bus is back.
Grammys both are on their way
For a fun-filled family stay
Hope the study's going strong
Get it done in 3 years Shawn (please!).

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Hey! We just changed our blog address to mattandchristine.blogspot.com for privacy issues. If you could omit our last name from your links and change the link to our new address, we would appreciate it. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home