Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Friday, August 04, 2006

BIG "FIRST" FOR HANNAH AND JACOB

Yesterday was a special day at the White house for Hannah and Jacob. They both marked a "first" in their almost 2 years of life....
I gave them both their first haircuts!!!
People have told me that children's hair grows in better after the first cut so I finally went for it today. They both have very little hair on top and in front but it was getting quite long in the back. I still can't believe I cut off Hannah's cute little curls!! But it looks so cute now.
First I cut Hannah's hair and she sat so still on Grammy's knee while I cut it. I had to make about three different cuts because I didn't want to cut off too much, but I finally got it so it looks quite cute.
Then I hauled out the clippers which I used to use on Shawn's hair (he's been "going professsional" for quite a few years now, but I used to cut it) and gave Jacob's hair a little touch up. You may notice a small section on the right hand side which is a smidgen too short!! Oh well, I am hoping it grows in quickly! Jacob also sat very still on Grammy's knee and kept saying "tickle" as I used the clippers!
They were both perfect little customers for their first cuts.
So here are the final photos....sorry, no "before"s, only "after"s....





Of course I kept a few locks for the baby books! I bet my mom is saying "I can't believe you cut off her curls". But don't worry, she still has lots on the top and in the back too, just not so long and straggley (is this a word??). It really does look quite cute (is this the third or fourth time I have written this....I may still be a little traumatized from cutting them off myself!!).

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Bev you are brave on cutting Hannah's hair of curls! I left Celia's until age 3 before getting enough courage to see them(the curls) fall to the floor. Hope you are enjoying the West. Love to all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home