Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

She's Really Gone

It has taken me a week but today I finally feel I can write about Moly. I had to change the intro to the blog and everything since it had her included in the description.
Molybdenum ( which is an element on the periodic table) came to Shawn and I in 1999 when we moved into our first home. She was our first "baby".
Last Friday night we took Moly to live in her new home with a wonderful lady named Marion. It was a very sad day for us. We did not feel comfortable taking Moly overseas and making her have to go through quarantine and our flat which we have since acquired does not allow for pets anyhow.
I have been trying to "be strong for the children" but I really do miss her. It seems so strange to me to not have a pet. I have always had a dog!! Anyhow, I may have to convince Shawn to get the children a goldfish or something once we arrive in Scotland.
So here are a few pictures of our "baby" Moly....


This is Moly eating her "last supper" at our home before we left to take her to her new home.
This is just a photo we took a few weeks ago of Moly after a hard day of work on the computer.
And finally, here she is with Alexander and Benjamin on that fateful, rainy night last Friday...
I know, I know, it's just a dog and I have four children to keep me busy but I do miss her!
And so do they. As we drove away from her new home, Alexander started to cry and say, "I want to pat Moly one more time". It was SOO sad. And a few times this past week, Jacob has gone to the front window which looked out over her fenced in area and said, "Molny...Molny". I had to hide tears the frist time he did that!


Anyhow, I know most of you are probably saying "Enough already with the dog!". So I will end here.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

It took a few years, but I too have grown to love Moly. I am sad for you to have to let her go because she really was your first child. I will always remember playing ball with her in your backyard in Saint John (I had to wear rubber gloves to keep me from being grossed out) and watching her lick Shawn's face (a disgusting display of deep affection). I'm sure she will just love the attention and affection of her new owner too, but no one will love her like the White family.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Bev, I'm sorry. I can't imagine having a dog for 7 years and then having to give it away. You deserve to grieve, as long as it takes.

It is good to hear though, that Molly has a great new home. Nothing could replace you guys, but I'm sure she'll enjoy another dog's company.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had to leave our dog,Genevieve, behind as well when we moved to Australia in November...We feel for you. Certainly not an easy thing to do. It's when you see/meet other dogs that were the same look as your Moly/Genevieve or did similar things as M/G that touches you and you feel the love you have for her twig at your heart again.Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted. He IS an awesome God and we know He is helping you through this first phase of adjustments and the ones soon to come...cause we are asking Him to:-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home