Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Vacation Bible School

Last week, Benjamin and Alexander took part in Vacation Bible School at our church. They had a blast! They were extremely tired every night but would talk excitedly about their day and every morning would ask, "do we go to vacation bible school this day?". Their friends Mark and Michael (4 year old twins who live close by) as well as other friends from their Sunday School class were also in attendance.
So last Sunday they had a closing during the church service and they did such a good job singing their songs and doing the actions. I was SO proud! I don't really consider myself the emotional type but I must admit I had a tear or two in my eye as I watched them up there praising God.
The music was great with this VBS and we have a CD of the music which we listen to daily. They continue to do the actions and sing along to the CD. Hannah and Jacob are even pitching in with the actions now. Again, I am SO proud!
The pictures aren't the greatest but here they are:

This was their class's song "Before the beginning" (great lyrics!!)
Here's a taste: "Before the beginning, before there was time, before He made the earth, and before He made the sky, before He made the mountains, before He made the seas, God loved you and me" What a great message!!
And they continue to go around the house singing it. Jacob and Hannah sing along to when it gets to the words "you and me".

And this is the pre-service "warm-up" downstairs on Sunday morning. They are to the back with the red and blue striped shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home