Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Edinburgh Part 2...still no internet

Hello all, sorry I still have no pictures to post... We are still awaiting our internet service but today we got our phone connected!!
We are enjoying life and settling in very well. Although another move is scheduled for about a month's time....a ground floor flat is now being refurbished and we will move in when it is finished.
It will be good to be able to avoid the 3 flights of stairs with the 4 children.
We continue to enjoy the city sights with Grammy White and Aunt Deborah (now renamed Bedah by Hannah).
So here I sit in another friend's flat adding to the blog so you don't think we have forgotten. I am still addicted, just unable to participate in my addiction!! Boy, life is rough.
Today we got Alexander and Benjamin enrolled parttime in a preschool. They call it nursery school here and the government provides part time enrollement to all children over 3. So I had a tour today of one that was recommended by a few different friends here and the boys got the last 2 spots! Is God good or what??!! The school is about a 20 minute walk (10 minutes adult walk...20 children walk) and is right on Shawn's way to school so he can drop them off for 9am and Hannah and Jacob and I can pick them up at 1130. Again, God is good!
I will close for now but hope we have internet by the end of this week so I can post some of the great pictures we are taking.
By the way, Barrie you were right, we are 4 hours ahead of the maritimes, not six. I knew we were 8 hours from BC and didn't do my math very well!
Bye for now!

3 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger The Kohlers said...

Glad to see another update from you guys. I've been wondering and praying for you guys in your new land... Has school started yet for Shawn? Can't wait to see some pictures.
Scott

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Sounds like things are working out quite nicely for you in your frist few weeks. Glad to hear that! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more of Scotland!

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger tracy and dave said...

Thanks for the updates Bev! Glad to hear all is well, can't wait for Charlie and I to come visit...David too! Will be happy to see some photos ASAP, I'm sure the kids are enjoying their new adventure! Love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home