Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Friday, August 11, 2006

LUGGAGE!! ARGH!!!

As some of you know, I have taken a little trip! I am currently visiting my sister who is due to have her first baby shortly...she says while I am here, the doctor's say in a couple weeks; we shall see.
Just wanted to vent about my lack of luggage....
Upon arrival at the airport yesterday morning, I was told to pack in my checked baggage all things containing liquid (e.g. toothpaste, shampoo, etc.). So after waiting an insane amount of time to check my baggage, saying a really quick goodbye to the family, and butting in line at security (where they went through my purse and threw out my lipsyl!!), I made it on the flight. We were late leaving and I had to run to catch my connecting flight in Toronto....boy was I glad I was flying by myself and not with 4 kids!
So I arrive in BC and watch as the luggage comes around; the whole time I'm saying to Tracy and Dave, "I really had a short connection in Toronto, I hope my luggage makes it".
So you guessed it....no luggage. Fortunately I am at my sister's who is about the same size as me (normally) but who no longer uses her "normal" clothes as she is 8 months pregnant! Not as big as a house though! Shawn asked if she was as big as a house and I said no, he said "a small bungalow" and I replied, "No, more like a mini-home". She was very thankful for my comment as she feels "big as a house". Of course, I am comparing her to my twice- twin-full belly, so my perception may be a little off.
Anyhow, all this to say, "Thanks alot security!! (I actually do thank them but I am now venting) I better get my luggage back!"
My scrapbooks are in there! Not to mention the playpen I was bringing out for the new baby!
Luggage!! ARGH!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

I know I feel safer knowing that your lypsyl was not on that flight. Who knows what damage you could have done.

Do they not have a better way of checking these things? Soon we won't be able to get on a flight without a blood test!

Anyway, hope you are having a great time and looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Oh Bev!!!:( That really stinks. I hope you get your luggage soon; I'm sure it's scary to have those scrapbooks in the airports possession!

How great that you have a sister to share clothing with:).

Have fun!

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Argg? Bev, come on! Watch the language. There are kids who read this blog.

Seriously, I hope you get your stuff back. I know how valuable scrapbooks are!!!!

Matt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home