Shawn, Bev, and Family

Welcome to the twinhouse! Shawn and I were married in 1997 and have been blessed (yes, blessed!) with 2 sets of twins. Alexander and Benjamin were born in 2002 and Hannah and Jacob joined the family in 2004. We created this blog to keep friends and family updated on the excitement in the twinhouse.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

First Full Day of School

To ease the children into grade 1 here they go only 1/2 day for the first month. Well, today was the first day that the boys went for the full day. They were VERY excited to be going the whole day like all the big kids and VERY excited to be able to take their new lunch boxes. So here are a few pictures of them this morning getting ready to go to school. I really don't know what is up with all of them lately with their smiles. I couldn't get one of both of them smiling normally at the same time so I am posting all three I took so that you can take your pick of which ones you want to look at!
I think this is the closest one to "normal" I managed to get....
When I was packing their lunch this morning I told them I was putting a chocolate chip cookie in with their roll and they were to eat their lunch first and then the cookie for dessert. So as I start to put the cookie in the bag, Alexander tells me he doesn't want it. I asked why, incredulously, and he said they weren't allowed to take cookies cause they were to have a healthy lunch. I assured him that the teacher wouldn't mind if he had one cookie after he ate his lunch and he then agreed to take the treat. Perhaps his twin brother is rubbing off on him!

Now that I have discovered video on blog, you will be getting bombarded with them just cause I think it's neat. Therefore, I am also posting a video which we discovered a couple of days ago while going through the pictures on the computer. I may have children's services coming to look for the children, but they were having a good time at the time!


2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures Bev... I bet the boys are feeling really grown up now that they have longer days at school, lunches and all...What does H and J think of so much Mommie time to themselves? and how does Mommie feel??? The Video brings back memories of the boys earlier days..I bet they laughed when they saw it..Hope for Shawn's sake they didn't want to re-enact the scene.... wondering if he has any back problems ?? there could be a reason!!! Love you all...Looking forward to my trip soon....grammie w

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Wow...what a time warp - from their first full day at school to those adorable little giggles and Shawn taking the pain. You must find they are growing up so fast, because I sure am! So did they get in trouble for the cookie? I wish they would speak to my students about some of what is in their lunches!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home